What is a CSAFF Ambassador?
CSAFF Ambassadors are volunteers committed to support and grow the Chicago South Asian Film Festival. As an Ambassador, the individual acts as a representative and promoter of the Festival and is assigned specific duties and responsibilities such as raising funds and participating in audience choice awards. Each Ambassador’s efforts are crucial to the success of the Chicago South Asian Film Festival.
What is the time commitment and duration of the Ambassador Program?
CSAFF Ambassadors serve an annual term. The role is effective the date the individual signs up and ends the quarter of the following year after which they have to renew their ambassador status. Example if the individual signs up February 1st, 2013; then their term ends March 31st 2014.
Ambassadors are asked to commit on average 4 hours/month participating in fundraising and promotional activities. While it’s not an obligation, Ambassadors are encouraged to attend the annual Chicago South Asian Film Festival and other year-round screenings that the Festival may hold.
What are the eligibility requirements to become an Ambassador?
● Be 18 years of age or older
● Submit joining fee of $50
● Agree to CSAFF Ambassador Program terms and conditions
What are the deliverables of a CSAFF Ambassador?
The primary responsibilities of a CSAFF Ambassador are to support the Festival operations and promote the Festival. As such the following deliverables have been assigned to each Ambassador:
● (Starting in 2013) Raise/Donate $500 – each Ambassador must either raise $500 or can make a personal donation in this amount (note: the $50 annual fee counts towards the fundraising goal). The funds are used to support Festival programming and operation expenses and are 100% tax deductible to the fullest extend allowed by the law. You will receive instructions on how donations can be collected along with marketing collateral about the Festival at your orientation meeting. In a calendar year, at least $250 must be raised by the Festival date and remaining can be raised by end of Ambassador Term.
● Register at least 10 guests – each Ambassador must sell at least 10 tickets to the annual Chicago South Asian Film Festival. The tickets can be for any of the events taking place during the Festival including opening night, film screenings, panel discussions, musical events, and/or after-parties.
● Attend orientation meeting – each Ambassador must attend an orientation meeting. At the meetings you will learn about the history and mission of CSAFF, strategies on how to fulfill your deliverables with confidence, and receive marketing collateral about the Festival. The meetings will also provide information to you regarding Festival updates.
● (Optional) Vote for best feature and short film- each Ambassador is encouraged to vote for the best feature or short film at the Festival as part of the Audience Choice Awards which will be given to the producers of the winning films.
What are the benefits of being a CSAFF Ambassador?
The following are some of the benefits of being a CSAFF Ambassador:
● Festival Passes – each Ambassador who fulfills their deliverables will receive two complimentary Festival Passes
● Ambassador Brunch – Ambassadors will be invited to attend the special Ambassador brunch
● Discounts to year round events and merchandise
● Participation in film screenings and selection process
● Exposure to event management of a prestigious event
How do I renew my Ambassador Status?
Renewing your Ambassador status is contingent upon Ambassadors completing their deliverables and paying a $25 renewal fee.
Contact as at email@example.com.
Apply for the Ambassador Program Now!